Arcteryx Beta AR
A superbly versatile GORE-TEX Jacket, the fully waterproof Arcteryx Beta AR is constructed from three-layer GORE-TEX Pro for extensive durability in rugged environments. The Arcteryx Beta AR is exceptionally breathable for dryness in demanding activity, while its feature set keeps you protected in the most extreme weather. Arcteryx’s attention to minute detail ensures that each element of the Beta AR functions efficiently and intuitively, and that weight is kept to a bare minimum.
GORE-TEX Pro Membrane
Arcteryx GORE-TEX Pro fabric delivers the highest level of waterproof and breathable protection available. Its three-layer construction's waterproof membrane has a high density of pores allowing moisture vapor to pass from the inside, out, even when you’re expending plenty of effort. The pores are too small for water molecules to pass through blocking, even wind-driven, rain and snow.
Micro Grid Backer
The GORE-TEX Pro Micro Grid Backer is the lightest and most compressible backer available; it's twice as durable as a traditional tricot backer, significantly extending protection of the Arcteryx Beta AR's membrane, while remaining highly breathable for a comfortable non-clammy feel.
Tough Face Fabric
N40z-x face fabric is bonded to the exterior of the waterproof membrane. It has an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, its carefully selected yarns and dense construction limit fibre breakage under abrasion, providing long lasting snow and water shedding capabilities. The Arcteryx Beta AR body’s face fabric is extremely smooth; fuzzy, water-retaining yarn filaments are eliminated which would otherwise retain water molecules, hampering breathability. The Arcteryx Beta AR is reinforced in critical, abrasion-prone areas with N80p-x, an even more durable fabric that also offers extensive breathability.
The Arcteryx Beta AR Jacket's e3D Ergonomic Patterning allows plenty of space to move freely, no matter what your activity. The shoulder and elbow patterning is designed accommodate the extensive arm motion required for climbing or skiing, while underarm patterning allows upward arm movement without the hem rising. The Arcteryx Beta AR can accommodate a variable layering system, while retaining a neat fit.
Fitted with a helmet-compatible, single-hand adjustable DropHood with a laminated brim, the Arcteryx Beta AR will seal out the stormiest of weather. The hood is cut and adjusted in a way that follows head movement so vision isn’t obscured at critical moments and its high collar offers plenty of extra protection.
The Arcteryx Beta AR has single-hand adjustment on the hem and cuffs to seal out cold and allow the Jacket to be worn over a winter layering system, or cinched in for active summer use. Underarm WaterTight venting zips can be undone allowing fresh air to circulate on ascents or warmer weather. The Arcteryx Beta AR Jacket’s hand pockets are placed to allow compatibility with a climbing harness or rucksack waist belt. An internal zipped security pocket stores your phone/wallet close to hand.
The complexity of an Arcteryx design isn’t always visible; refined details include a Micro-Seam Allowance, Tiny GORE seam tape and WaterTight Zippers that reduce bulk and weight, and increase breathability. The Beta AR’s tough die-cut cuff adjusters won’t catch or tear off, while laminated elements increase strength and reduce weight.
Arcteryx Beta AR
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L reinforced shoulders and sleeves
- N40r-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L main body
- Fully seam-sealed
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm)
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- DWR finish
- Very durable
- Compressible and packable
- Water beads and rolls off quickly
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Cut for easy layering
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Molded zipper garages
- WaterTight™ zip pit vents
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Soft laminated chin guard
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters
- Drop back, laminated hem
- One-hand adjustable hem drawcord
- Two high volume hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Internal laminated pocket
- Note: Arc'teryx's WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Helmet compatible Drop Hood™
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Embroidered logo
- Non-chafing label
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Weight 460g(M)