A superbly versatile GORE-TEX Jacket, the fully waterproof Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's is constructed from three-layer GORE-TEX Pro for extensive durability in rugged environments. The Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's is exceptionally breathable for dryness in demanding activity, while its feature set keeps you protected in the most extreme weather. Arcteryx’s attention to minute detail ensures that each element of the Beta AR functions efficiently and intuitively, and that weight is kept to a bare minimum.
GORE-TEX® Pro Membrane
GORE-TEX® Pro fabric delivers the highest level of waterproof and breathable protection available. Its three-layer construction's waterproof membrane has a high density of pores allowing moisture vapor to pass from the inside, out, even while expending plenty of energy. The pores are too small for water molecules to pass through blocking, even wind-driven, rain and snow.
Micro Grid Backer
GORE-TEX® Pro Micro Grid Backer is the lightest and most compressible backer available; it's twice as durable as a traditional backer, significantly extending protection of the Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's membrane, while remaining highly breathable for a comfortable non-clammy feel.
Tough, Supple Face Fabric
N40p-x face fabric is bonded to the exterior of the waterproof membrane. Very supple with an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, its carefully selected yarns and dense construction limit fibre breakage for long-lasting snow and water shedding capabilities. The Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's body’s face fabric is extremely smooth; fuzzy, water-retaining yarn filaments are eliminated which would otherwise retain water molecules, hampering breathability. Further reinforced in critical, abrasion-prone areas with N80p-x, an even more durable fabric that also offers extensive breathability.
The Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's e3D Ergonomic Patterning allows plenty of space to move freely, no matter what your activity. The shoulder and elbow patterning is designed accommodate the extensive arm motion required for climbing or skiing, while underarm patterning allows upward arm movement without the hem rising. The Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's can accommodate a variable layering system, while retaining a neat fit.
Fitted with a helmet-compatible, single-hand adjustable DropHood™ with laminated brim, the Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's will seal out the stormiest of weather. The hood is cut and adjusted in a way that follows head movement so vision isn’t obscured at critical moments and its high collar offers plenty of extra protection.
The Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's has single-hand adjustment on the hem and cuffs to seal out cold and allow the Jacket to be worn over a winter layering system, or cinched in for active summer use. Underarm WaterTight™ venting zips can be undone allowing fresh air to circulate on ascents or warmer weather. The Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket Women's hand pockets are placed to allow compatibility with a climbing harness or rucksack waist belt. An internal zipped security pocket stores your phone/wallet close to hand.
The complexity of an Arcteryx design isn’t always visible; refined details include a Micro-Seam Allowance, Tiny GORE® seam tape and WaterTight™ Zippers that reduce bulk and weight, and increase breathability. The Beta AR’s tough cuff adjusters won’t catch or tear off, while laminated elements increase strength and reduce weight.
Arcteryx Beta AR Jacket women's
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L reinforced shoulders and sleeves
- N40p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L main body
- Fully seam-sealed
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm)
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- DWR finish
- Very durable
- Compressible and packable
- Water beads and rolls off quickly
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Cut for easy layering
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Molded zipper garages
- WaterTight™ zip pit vents
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Soft laminated chin guard
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters
- Drop back, laminated hem
- One-hand adjustable hem drawcord
- Two high volume hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Internal laminated pocket
- Note: Arc'teryx's WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Helmet compatible DropHood™
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Embroidered logo
- Non-chafing label
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Weight 390g(M)